10 Planet friendly Christmas Gift Ideas for Equestrians
2020 is a year like no other and it is still unclear how the 12th chapter will end. Shopping sprees on the high street is a distant memory of years gone by and as many of us have been able to take a moment to reflect and re-evaluate priorities in life, these shopping sprees maybe changed forever, and hopefully for the better. There has been a shift in values for many, with sustainability, morals and community rising on the consumers agenda, turning away from the big corporations and seeking out individuals and small businesses, where every purchase makes a big difference. Many of us have made changes to our practices allowing us to live more environmentally friendly lives, choosing to walk over drive, growing our own vegetables and shopping locally.
This Christmas people will be cherishing gifts that have been lovingly hand crafted, selected through careful procurement and with finishing details second to none. The equine industry is no exception, with the rise of the eco-concisions horse lover and sustainable equestrian brands.
This Christmas, we want to showcase such small businesses and promote eco-friendly horse care and living, of course it would not be Christmas without some treats for us too! We have carefully hand-picked products that we love to feature in our 2020 Christmas gift guide – there maybe a few hints to what is included in our Christmas Gift Hampers too!
- A reusable cup – we love Circular & Co. (formerly r CUP) these attractive cups are not only practical (no leaks on the drive to the stables!) and reusable, they are designed to last 10years and are made from single use coffee cups! If you are not sold already on them, they are 100% recyclable and are a fellow Cornish company!
- Out with the bottle in with the bar - our followers on social media will have seen we are big fans of See Change Now. The dog and horse shampoo bar is 100% biodegradable with no added nasties like parabens and SLS, as well as being 100% vegan. Furthermore, the last three times longer than a normal animal shampoo and leaves your horse (or dog) super shiny and clean.
- 2020 the year of the …. SCRUNCHY – we have most certainly witnessed a revival of the humble scrunchy, the must have accessory for any lockdown wardrobe. You could be lost with the array of designs on offer but be sure to seek out zero waste scrunchies or bamboo scrunchies.
- The all rounder - well we had to mention one of our own products. Why not gift a 100% organic ring spun cotton t-shirt, an absolute essential for any wardrobe, perfect to keep cool in the summer and to use a base garment when the weather requires layers. Our range starts from 3years old for the littlest of riders and with adult sizes ranging from XS to XXL we are sure to have something for everyone. Gift vouchers are also available from £10.
- Stable staples – if you are wanting to gift practical items that you know are needed, why not gift organic and sustainable horse care products, maybe some hoof oil or leather balm (which is even available in 1ltr containers for the avid tack cleaner!)
- Forest free self-care – looking after horses and livestock in all weathers, we need to remember to look after ourselves too. Bloomtown is a personal favourite, based in Cornwall, the Bloomtown team are offering body and skincare products which are palm oil free, the first independently certified company in the UK for achieve this! They are offer a range of products including some great stocking filler ideas.
- Captured memories – give the gift of photos this Christmas. Book a photoshoot with the recipient’s equine bestie or if they have already set a date why not buy some gift vouchers for them to redeem against prints. Take a look at local photographer Julia Powney and see what she has to offer.
- Green Light – who doesn’t love a candle! Winter is all about dark evenings with candles flickering whilst wrapped up in a blanket or cuddled up by the fire. Chose to buy a soy candle, it will last longer and a greener option than other waxes.
- Christmas and Chocolate – two words which go hand in hand (in my opinion anyway) indulge in some luxury Belgian chocolate lovingly hand crafted in Cornwall. We particularly like their biodegradable Chocolate Christmas crackers, and your delivery can even be wrapped in 100% natural sheeps’ wool to keep your parcel cool – how cool is that!
- Time limitations – feeling inspired but limited by time or don’t want to receive 101 deliveries (not particularly environmentally friendly), leave it to us! We have two gift hampers available, priced at £32 and £45 both including an item of our clothing (worth a minimum of £23 alone! And you can select a colour and size preference) as well as a selection of carefully curated eco-friendly gifts from small businesses, for the horse lover in your life. The gift hampers can be delivered directly to the recipient, gift ready and if you wanted to add additional items to them you certainly can, just drop us a message to discuss!
Wishing you all a happy and healthy Christmas!