Eco Equestrian Ambassador
Alongside Climate Week 2020 three eco-friendly equestrian brands, Paddock Apparel, See Change Now & FTP Equestrian are joining forces, and are on the lookout for an Eco Equestrian Ambassador.
We have a unique opportunity to make a real difference to our planet’s future. Remember
every purchase you make has a carbon footprint, and everything we throw away has a cost to
the planet too. It’s said that it costs 6 times more to send something to land full than it does
to recycle it. When you’re shopping do you think about where that item has come from, and
ultimately where it will end up?
We are looking for Eco Equestrian Ambassadors to help us raise awareness and talk about
climate issues, share hints and tips and of course test some really great products. Our EEA’s
will benefit from personal discount codes, free gifts and discount codes to share with your friends, family & followers.
Interested? We are seeking applicants from every walk of equestrian life, and where ever you are on your eco journey we want to hear from you. What is important to us is that you are committed to living as sustainably as possible, and happy to share your story. If you are under 16 you will need parental permission. We understand that often making the choice to live/work sustainably can be a real privilege, and cost prohibitive to many. There are many changes you can make, and might be making, that cost absolutely nothing or even save you money.
Find out more about FTP Equestrian www.ftp-equestrian.com
Find out more about See Change Now www.seechangenow.co.uk
To apply please tag us in a dedicated post on FB or IG, please tag all three accounts and use
the hashtag #ecoequestrian.
We want to see pictures of you and your four legged friends, and would love to hear more
about you. Please make sure to include 3 eco changes you’ve already made and 1 you will be
o An Instagram and Facebook account
o A tangible link to the equestrian community. You don’t have to own your own horse, but
you should be involved in the care of horses in some way
o Parental permission if under 16.
o No conflicting brand support, or links.
o A real understanding of the climate crisis and the changes needed to secure our planet’s
future. An honest commitment to implementing these changes and sharing the message.
o The deadline for entries is Sunday 31st October at midnight.
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions cover the search for an Eco Equestrian
Ambassador. The entry instructions, entry terms and conditions, qualification of entry,
winner selection and winner notification are at the discretion of See Change Now
(SCN), Paddock Apparel (PA) and For The Planet Equestrian (FTP).
2. There may be numerous ambassador positions available at the end of the
competition period. Winners will be contacted after the closing date to discuss the announcement and all follow up activity.
3. The decision of SCN shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The prize provision is governed by English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.The selected parties will be required to
participate in relevant publicity associated with the search.
5. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or other prize alternative. By accepting the prize, the winners will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
Data protection: Any personal data provided will be used for the purpose of fulfilling
the prize delivery and in accordance with these terms and condition
6. SCN/PA/FTP are not responsible for any error which may occur in the processing of prize deliveries.
7. SCN/PA/FTP cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, illness, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants or their pets as a result of accepting the prize.
8. SCN/PA/FTP may require the winner to provide proof of identity and age.
Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SCN.
9. SCN/PA/FTP may refuse to award the prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant’s fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions.
Learn about the changes we have made
Claire - FTP Equestrian
I've made a few changes myself.
I use wooden tools and grooming brushes - These will ultimately biodegrade and I make sure to regularly wash my brushes to extend their life.
I'm using reusable wipes & washable sponges - I've got a washable mesh vegetable bag I keep
used ones in, so just chuck that in the wash every couple of days. Easy Peasy.
My horses get the veg peelings from the Sunday dinner, and carrots from the local farm shop
(no plastic & local)
Emma - Paddock Apparel
4 things I do to live more sustainably are:
1. Grow our own veg, you would be surprised how much you can grow from a small patch
and a greenhouse. There is nothing more satisfying than eating a meal that you’ve grown
2. Collect gray water. We use our gray water to rinse out dirty feed bowls and wash down the yard.
3. Repurpose! Can that leaky water bucket be used as a feed bucket. Can that ripped top be
made into a no waste scrunchy.
4. Take your bottle: I always have my Chillys bottle with me! They are perfect if you are like
me and only like to drink drinks which are cold!
One thing I am going to do is:
We are building a new house (which will also be Paddock Apparel’s HQ) in 2021 and are
trying to incorporate as many eco friendly options as possible.
Catherine - See Change Now
I recommend cutting up/ using old socks, t shirts, towels for tack cleaning and washing off.
Extend the life of tooth brushes which are great for cleaning bits, buckles and stirrup treads.
I always choose plastic free and say no to single use plastic where I can. I'm always on the look out for 100% Biodegradable products